Do people say ‘you’re a great listener’?
Did you receive good support from your Youth Worker as a child, and want to return the favour?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Our School Pastors are drawn from local churches, invited to complete a training course over four Saturdays covering;
- what a School Pastor role and responsibility is
- listening skills
- culture and mental health
Sutton School Pastors provide termly relevant ongoing training, working in schools alongside pastoral support and inclusion teams. Therefore all our School Pastors require DBS check.
Training takes place alongside the Street Pastor course in March and September.
Our ethos is caring, helping and listening and require our school pastors to model those qualities.
Could I be a School Pastor?
- has been committed to a church fellowship for over a year
- with a personal reference from their minister or church leader
- has attended the training programme
- is over the age of 18
- has been checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)